TXHR is a volunteer based organization, and we rely solely on donations to continue our work. Any amount is welcomed, and as a 501(c)3 organization, your donation is tax deductible. We can provide a tax receipt if necessary.
Monetary donations can be made by mail (check or money order), in person to a Board Member, or by Paypal.
Where do donations and adoption fees go?
- $18 for each heartworm test
- $42 for yearly vaccinations for one dog
- $100 for one spay/neuter
- $70 for one week of boarding for one dog who we don't have a foster for
- $360 for one dog to have heartworm treatment
Item donations - If you wish to help by donating supplies, the following are always needed:
- Wire crates in Large or Extra Large sizes
- Medium or Large 1" nylon dog collars and leashes
- Frontline Plus flea treatment - 45-88 lb size
- Heartworm Pills - medium and large dog dosage
- Gift cards to PetSmart or Petco
- TXHR takes in dogs from all over Texas, and sometimes beyond. Gas prices continue to soar, so donations of gas cards in $10-$20 increments would help some of our volunteers with transportation costs.