The foster application process has several stages to ensure our huskies are being placed in the most qualified and safe foster homes.
All TXHR huskies will have their vet care scheduled and paid for by TXHR. Heartworm pills will be mailed or given at adoption events once a month. Fosters may also request food, crates, and other items to assist with fostering.
- Complete a foster application [pdf]. The PDF can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 1-877-894-8759, or mailed to PO Box 118891, Carrollton, TX 75011.
- Once your application is received, we will conduct a thorough screening process which includes a vet check of your current pets and a phone screen/interview by one of our adoption coordinators.
- After your vet check and phone screen are completed successfully, TXHR will conduct a fence/home check. This is a check for gaps, broken slats, holes, compromised spots, etc where a husky could escape. Please do a walk of the perimeter of your fence and fix all problem spots before we come to your home.
- Upon successful completion of the application process, a TXHR representative will contact you to get more details on which foster husky would do best in your home environment.
- Before a foster husky can be placed in your home, a foster contract must be signed and a foster manual will be provided.
Download the Foster Contract